Chicken Nectarine Salad
by Lauren Allen on Dec 25, 2022
This is one of my favorite summer salads to create when I have some leftover roasted chicken or veggies lying around and repurpose it into a delicious, new, PCOS friendly meal!
This salad is packed with nutrient dense foods that help our overall health as well as fight the root causes of PCOS like blood sugar dysregulation, inflammation, and gut microbiome imbalances.
Chicken nectarine salad
- 1 roasted chicken breast or thigh:
- 1 cup roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- ½ cup cucumber
- ½ cup red onion
- ¼ large avocado
- 1 nectarine
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise (ideally olive oil or avocado oil based)
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Grab your leftover chicken and veggies from the day before. This roasted chicken was simply spiced with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. The Brussels sprouts were drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Wash all your fresh veggies
- Chop the romaine lettuce and pat dry. Chop into small, 1-inch pieces.
- Chop the cucumber, red onion and nectarine.
- Slice the avocado
- Assemble in your favorite salad bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl or jar.
- Pour on top and coat evenly.