Easy Homemade Peach Popsicles
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jun 19, 2023
Introducing the Perfect Summer Recipe for Women with PCOS: Healthy Peach Popsicles!
As the summer season arrives, we have a refreshing treat in store for you, carefully crafted with ingredients specifically selected to provide specific benefits for women with PCOS.
Starting with ripe peaches, these popsicles provide a delicious way to incorporate a low-glycemic fruit into your diet. Peaches have a relatively low sugar content compared to other fruits, which helps prevent blood sugar spikes. This is particularly important for women with PCOS who may experience insulin resistance, as stabilizing blood sugar levels can help regulate hormone levels and support overall metabolic health.
In addition, the inclusion of plain Greek yogurt in this recipe offers a protein-packed alternative to traditional popsicles. Protein is an essential macronutrient for women with PCOS as it helps to balance blood sugar levels, promote satiety, and support healthy weight management. Greek yogurt also contains calcium, which is important for bone health.
By using a touch of honey as a natural sweetener, these popsicles avoid the excessive added sugars commonly found in store-bought options. Managing sugar intake is crucial for women with PCOS, as it helps prevent insulin spikes and supports hormone regulation.
With these Healthy Peach Popsicles, you can indulge in a delicious summer treat while prioritizing your health and managing the symptoms of PCOS. Embrace the refreshing flavors, nourish your body with beneficial ingredients, and enjoy a guilt-free frozen delight that supports your overall well-being. Soothe your cravings, stay cool, and take a step towards a healthier, more balanced lifestyle with each delightful bite. Our Chocolate PB Smoothie is another great way to keep yourself cool and nourished throughout the summer!
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the peaches thoroughly and remove the pits. You can leave the skin on for added fiber or peel them if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Cut the peaches into small pieces and place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add the Greek yogurt, honey (if using), and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and well combined. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness by adding more honey if desired.
- Pour the peach mixture into popsicle molds, leaving a little bit of space at the top to allow for expansion.
- If your popsicle molds require sticks, insert them into the molds.
- Place the popsicle molds in the freezer and let them freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until completely solid.
- Once the popsicles are fully frozen, remove them from the molds. If they're difficult to remove, run the molds under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them.
- Serve the peach popsicles immediately, or store them in an airtight container or plastic bag in the freezer for up to a month.