Guilt Free Chicken Cutlets
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jun 19, 2023
These PCOS-friendly chicken cutlets are a delicious alternative to the traditional deep-fried version. They are gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, and rich in protein and healthy fats. Enjoy these flavorful and satisfying cutlets while supporting your PCOS management and overall well-being. They’re so versatile too! Enjoy them in a wrap, in a salad, or with a serving of our quinoa tabbouleh!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 - 3 pieces
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray (olive oil or avocado oil)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, combine almond flour, ground flaxseed, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Dip each chicken piece into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Roll the chicken in the almond flour mixture, pressing gently to ensure the coating adheres well. Place the coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the chicken cutlets with cooking spray to promote browning and crispness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes or until the cutlets are cooked through and golden brown. Flip them halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken cutlets from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.