Herb Roasted Potato Salad with Lemon Dressing
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jun 27, 2023
This non-dairy version of the potato salad uses olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh herbs for a refreshing and flavorful dressing. It's a delicious and PCOS-conscious option for those who prefer to avoid dairy. Enjoy alongside our yummy, guilt free chicken cutlet recipe for a balanced meal!
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, washed and halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chopped red onion
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place the halved baby potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and cook the potatoes until they are just tender when pierced with a fork, about 10-15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, chopped dill, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Place the drained potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the potatoes and toss them gently to coat.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through for even cooking.
- Once the potatoes are roasted, transfer them to a large bowl. Add any optional add-ins, such as diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, or chopped red onion.
- Toss the potato salad gently to combine all the ingredients. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Allow the potato salad to cool slightly before serving, or refrigerate it for a few hours to serve it chilled. It gets even better as it sits!