Kohlrabi Fries with Dipping Sauces
by Lauren Allen on Jun 23, 2022
Kohlrabi is a unique vegetable because it’s so high in fiber while being very low in carbohydrates. 1 cup has about 5 grams of fiber but only 3 grams of carbs! This makes them a great veggie to include for those of us with PCOS because they’ll help you keep your blood sugar balanced and all that fiber is great for helping you nourish your gut microbiome.
- 2 medium kohlrabis, peeled
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
For the Guacamole:
- 2 hass avocados
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Cut the Kohlrabi into thin, matchstick shapes, about ¼ inch thick and 3 inches long. Add to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot starch and spices. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the Kohlrabi fries and toss to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add Kohlrabi fries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- While the Kohlrabi is cooking, dice the avocado, and onion and add to a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy the fries fresh as their own snack or as a fun side dish!