PCOS Wrap Recipe
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jul 05, 2023
This PCOS wrap is packed with nutrient-rich ingredients, including whole grains, leafy greens, healthy fats from avocado, and a variety of vegetables. It provides a good balance of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals.
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding or substituting ingredients according to your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. You can even add any leftovers you have from our chicken veggie rolls for another variation of this wrap! Remember to choose organic, locally sourced, and hormone-free ingredients whenever possible. Enjoy your PCOS-friendly wrap!
- 2 large whole wheat or gluten-free tortilla wraps
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hummus or Greek yogurt (as a spread)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Warm the tortilla wraps: Heat the tortilla wraps in a skillet or microwave for a few seconds to make them more pliable.
- Spread the hummus or Greek yogurt: Lay the tortilla wraps flat and spread a tablespoon of hummus or Greek yogurt evenly over each wrap, leaving a border around the edges.
- Layer the ingredients: Place the baby spinach leaves evenly over the wraps. Add a layer of cooked quinoa, followed by sliced avocado, cucumbers, shredded carrots, and crumbled feta cheese (if using).
- Season with black pepper: Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the fillings for added flavor.
- Wrap it up: Starting from one side, tightly roll the wrap, tucking in the filling as you go. Repeat the process with the second wrap.
- Cut and serve: Use a sharp knife to slice each wrap diagonally into two or three pieces. Arrange them on a serving plate and enjoy!