Egg Muffins - A Favorite “Grab’N’Go” breakfast recipe for PCOS
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jun 04, 2023
These PCOS-friendly egg muffins are packed with nutrient-rich ingredients specifically chosen for their potential benefits in combating PCOS symptoms. Incorporating ingredients such as eggs, spinach, and other healthful vegetables into your diet can contribute to maintaining stable blood sugar levels, reducing insulin resistance, decreasing inflammation, helping regulate menstrual cycles, and supporting hormone regulation. For a midday snack that won't take your diet off course, try our no bake energy bites.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach (chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line it with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them until well beaten.
- Add the chopped spinach, diced onion, diced red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- Cook for around 20-25 minutes (cooking times can vary slightly depending on the oven and the size of the muffin tin. To ensure they are fully cooked, insert a toothpick into the center of one of the muffins. If it comes out clean or with just a few crumbs clinging to it, the muffins are ready. If not, continue baking for a few more minutes and check again. Remember to monitor the muffins closely during the last few minutes of baking to prevent overcooking)