Inositol Plus “Nice Cream”
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jul 03, 2023
Here's a PCOS-friendly recipe for "Nice Cream" that includes one scoop of Inositol Plus to help with insulin regulation and hormone balance! Enjoy your PCOS-friendly inositol nice cream as a delicious and guilt-free treat!
For more recipes that include your daily serving of Inositol Plus, check out our Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding!
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen berries (e.g., strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1 scoop of inositol powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Toppings of your choice (e.g., chopped nuts, shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips)
- Place the sliced bananas and frozen berries in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag. Freeze them for at least 2-3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Once the fruits are frozen, take them out of the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes to slightly soften.
- In a blender or food processor, add the frozen bananas, berries, inositol powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract (if desired). Blend on high until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender a few times to ensure everything is well blended.
- Once you achieve a smooth consistency, taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness or flavorings if desired. You can add a little honey, maple syrup, or a few drops of stevia if you prefer it sweeter.
- Transfer the nice cream mixture into a bowl and serve immediately, or you can put it back in the freezer for a firmer consistency. If you decide to freeze it, allow it to thaw for a few minutes before scooping.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, such as chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or dark chocolate chips. Be mindful of portion sizes if you're watching your calorie intake.