Cauliflower Crust Pizza
by Fran Jakubowicz on May 15, 2023
Pizza is a popular food - and it’s easy to say why. It’s saucy, cheesy goodness! but it can be high in refined carbs and unhealthy fats, which can aggravate PCOS symptoms. This PCOS-friendly cauliflower pizza alternative is delicious, healthy, and easy to make. You can customize the toppings to your liking and enjoy a guilt-free pizza night!
Looking for other ways to “sneak” veggies into your diet? This quiche recipe is super versatile and will taste great with whatever vegetables you have on hand!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- pizza toppings - sauce, cheese, vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse them in a food processor until they resemble rice.
- Microwave the riced cauliflower for 5-7 minutes or until it's tender. Let it cool.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the cauliflower using a clean kitchen towel.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, eggs, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Press the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Add your favorite pizza toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!