Frozen Yogurt Bark
by Fran Jakubowicz on Jun 11, 2023
This recipe is great for women with PCOS because it's packed with protein, healthy fats, and antioxidants. The ingredients in the recipe are easy to find in any local supermarket and the recipe is super easy to prepare! Enjoy your delicious and healthy frozen yogurt bark as a refreshing snack or dessert or even breakfast option! Try adding our Homemade Granola to this recipe for an extra special crunch!
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, or pistachios), chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries), chopped
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds (such as chia seeds, flax seeds, or pumpkin seeds)
- Line a baking sheet or rectangular dish with parchment paper. (Make sure your baking sheet fits in your freezer)
- In a mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt and honey or maple syrup (if using). Stir well until the sweetener is evenly incorporated.
- Pour the Greek yogurt mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly, creating a rectangular shape with a thickness of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts, berries, and seeds evenly over the yogurt. Gently press them down into the yogurt with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and let it freeze for at least 2-3 hours, or until completely firm.
- Once the yogurt bark is fully frozen, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. This will make it easier to cut.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the frozen yogurt bark into desired sizes and shapes. You can make rectangular bars or break it into irregular pieces for a more rustic look.
- Serve the frozen yogurt bark immediately, or transfer the individual pieces to an airtight container and store them in the freezer for later consumption.