PCOS Friendly Cinnamon Apple Crumble
by Fran Jakubowicz on Apr 03, 2023
ThisPCOS-friendly apple crumble recipe is low in added sugar and uses whole, unprocessed ingredients. The use of almond flour and gluten-free oats also makes it a great option for those with gluten sensitivities. Most importantly it's absolutely satisfying and delicious!
- 4 medium-sized apples
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Tablespoon slivered almonds optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Wash and peel the apples, then core and slice them into bite-sized pieces. Place them in a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, rolled oats, chopped walnuts, melted coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the sliced apples, covering them completely.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the apples are soft. Optional: Sprinkle the top with slivered almonds for some added crunch.
- Serve warm with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or dairy-free alternative, if desired.
Also see: Chia Seed Pudding Recipe